HUMANTAY LAGOON ONE DAY TOUR FROM CUSCO CITY
One of the places you definitely have to visit in Cusco, is a day trip to the famous Humantay Lagoon, we will tell you in this guide how to get to the Humantay Lagoon and everything you need to know before heading to the Humantay Lagoon.
THE HUMANTAY LAGOON OF CUSCO
If you are in the city of Cuzco you will always be offered a visit to the Humantay Lake of beautiful turquoise colors high in the mountains with the backdrop of a famous snow-capped mountain called Salkantay. The lake was visited by many tourists of different nationalities leaving them with wonderful memories and beautiful photographs as souvenirs.
Where is the Humantay Lagoon located?
The location of the Humantay Lagoon is an hour and a half walk from the town of Soraypampa and northeast of the city of Cusco.
The altitude of the Humantay Lagoon
The altitude of the Laguna Humantay is 4200 meters, this is the only difficulty to go to this beautiful lagoon. One of the tips to not be affected by the altitude on the hike to the Laguna Humantay is acclimatize in the city of Cusco for at least 2 days, before making your journey do not forget to buy different medicines for altitude sickness that sell in almost every store in the city of Cusco.
How to get to Humantay Lagoon
Being in the city of Cusco you can find a variety of tour operators to take you to the Humantay Lagoon and back with all inclusive, it is the easiest and fastest way to get to the Humantay Lagoon with a tour operator being in the city of Cusco.
There is also the way to get to the Humantay Lagoon without a tour operator that will take us more time but we tell you how you can go to the Humantay Lagoon without a tour operator from the city of Cusco:
- First do not forget to get up early to go to the bus terminal of Arcopata where they will take you to the town of Mollepata with a cost of S/15.00 to S/20.00 with a travel time of one hour and a half.
- While in Mollepata take the opportunity to acquire energy with a breakfast.
- In Mollepata look for a transport to take you to Soraypampa, there are Taxis that will charge you approximately S/70.00 or you can also share it with 4 people that will cost approximately S/18 per person to the town of Soraypampa.
- Do not forget to pay the entrance fee to the Laguna de Humantay for a value of S/10.00.
- From the town of Soraypampa we will hike for an hour and a half, with a difficulty of the first 30 minutes semi-flat and the rest of the time will be a steep uphill terrain.
- Do not forget that there is not much mobility to be able to make the return to the city of Cusco, try to make your stay in the lagoon is very fast to win the other passengers and do not forget your clothes for the cold along with pills for altitude sickness.
OUR RECOMMENDATIONS TO REACH THE HUMANTAY LAGOON WITHOUT A TOUR OPERATOR
- We recommend that you leave the city of Cusco from 4 am to 5 am for the humantay lagoon.
- For your hike to the lagoon, do not forget your thick and comfortable clothes, glasses, hats and if you need a walking stick.
- You will not find many vehicles for your return to the city of Cusco, try to keep your stay at the lagoon short to encourage other trips like you.